Milwaukee Children's Choir
Position Title: Information Technology
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Intern Hours per Week: 10+hours/week
Compensation: Unpaid, college credits may apply
The Milwaukee Children's Choir seeks a part-time intern to assist in the maintenance and advancement of the organization's technology resources. The intern will review current processes and tools, and provide ideas and suggestions for improvement. Tasks may include updating or installing software, working on Google Apps for Education to increase office productivity, managing records in our Excel and Donor Snap databases, and organizing IT information including log-ins, passwords, and software. The intern will also assist in updating, managing and publishing content on the organization's Joomla-based website.
The Milwaukee Children's Choir intern will commit to the organization on a semester-by-semester basis. Hours are extremely flexible. Currently seeking candidates for the summer and fall 2017 term.
• Must be a student actively pursuing a Bachelor's Degree or beyond in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale preferred.
• Ability to research and solve IT issues.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Skilled in Microsoft Office. Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Joomla.
• Proficient in eMedia.
• Experienced with various forms of social media including (but not limited to): Constant Contact, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Possess a strong understanding of computer information systems (hardware and software).
• Self-starter who takes initiative and is able to work under light to moderate supervision.
• Ability to multi-task and manage time and resources to meet assigned deadlines.
• This internship involves some physical tasks – applicant must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Applicant must have a cell phone and a reliable means of transportation.
• Interest in the nonprofit sector; specifically, in music, arts, or art education.
• Excellent organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships with staff.
• Capacity to adapt to and excel at a variety of tasks in a fast paced environment.
General Expectations for All Milwaukee Children's Choir Staff:
All MCC staff members are expected to foster team building throughout the organization, ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communications among internal constituencies. All of MCC's administrative staff are "cross-trained", and help each other at various times of the year when there is work overflow.
All MCC staff members are expected to develop and maintain ongoing and effective relationships in the community and beyond, e.g. serving as a spokesperson and advocate for MCC; ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communication among MCC, performing/educational arts peers, the greater Milwaukee community, and the media; and helping to increase awareness of the MCC and enhancing its image within the greater Milwaukee community. All MCC staff members interact with youth and are expected to be good role models and mentors.
All MCC staff members go through thorough background checks, including fingerprinting, prior to employment.
Milwaukee Children's Choir is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, marital status, race/ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, religion, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or other protected status.