Find Your Voice with Milwaukee Children’s Choir!
We would love to teach your child to sing! Every child has a voice and every child can learn to use their voice to enjoy a lifetime of singing.
Children 6-9 years old may be registered for the Introductory Choir without audition. Click Here.
If your child is 8 years old or older, prior to September 1, and would like to sing in a choir beyond the Introductory level, an audition may be scheduled.
Please click the Audition link above to email Executive Artistic Director Lynn Swanson to set up an audition appointment.
- Auditionees must be entering grades 3 to 12 (or ages 8-17)
- Auditions are simple, informal, and take approximately 15 minutes
- Auditions vary slightly based on grade level and most do not require advanced preparation (If you have a song that you have prepared and would like to sing it, you may.)
Audition consists of:
1. Sing simple vocal warm-ups
2. Sing My Country Tis of Thee or Happy Birthday with no accompaniment
3. Listening (audiating) skills (singing back pitches played)
4. Music theory assessment
Following the audition, your singer will be notified by email as to which of the four level choruses they will be appointed. Please note that choristers are not only appointed based on musical skill but also based on behavior and maturity perceived during the audition process.
Upon acceptance, the auditionee:
- Will receive an email invitation to register for Milwaukee Children’s Choir membership. If you’ve already been accepted, please click here, and follow the instructions.
- Will receive a registration packet which includes the following documents –
- Tuition Agreement Form (contract and fees)
- Emily Crocker Scholarship Application Form
- Season Calendar
- Must return the completed Tuition Agreement Form with payment to the MCC office in any of the following ways:
- Mail it to Milwaukee Children’s Choir, 427 E. Stewart St. Suite 100, Milwaukee, WI 53207.
- Scan and email it to email@example.com
- If you are emailing the form, you may mail your check payment via regular mail with your child’s name written on the memo line, or you can fill out the credit card authorization form.