Milwaukee Children's Choir
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Position: Social Media and Website Intern
Hours per Week: 10+ hours/week
Compensation: Unpaid, college credits may apply
Reports to: Executive Artistic Director, Erik Jacobson
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and two writing samples to [email protected]
The Social Media and Website Intern serves as the primary website administrator and implements new media for the Milwaukee Children's Choir.
Internship Timeline and Schedule
- The organization currently seeks interns to begin as soon as possible.
- The organization allows for flexible schedules to accommodate a student's needs and offices are generally open Mon-Thu, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Students with sophomore and junior standing preferred because the organization may hire unpaid interns as student hourly positions after three months successful service.
- This internship involves some physical tasks – applicant must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Applicant must have a cell phone, reliable means of transportation, and consistent availability to work ten hours per week, Mon-Thu, 8:30am-5:00pm during a regular set schedule determined by the student.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Proficient in online and social media communication mediums: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Constant Contact newsletter software experience or education (or equivalent), a plus.
- Weebly website administration experience or education (or equivalent), a plus.
- Interest in nonprofit sector, specifically, interest in music, arts, or art education a plus.
- Maintain website changes via Weebly, as requested.
- Under direction of the Executive Director and in partnership with paid marketing firm, maintain social media site including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Research and write regular blog posts and coordinate dissemination on social channels.
- Investigate and recommend new media opportunities.
Milwaukee Children's Choir interns, administrative staff, and leadership work as a team to implement office operations, which may include:
- Setting up and staffing special events and concerts.
- Promoting fundraising efforts.
- Assisting in filing and mailing projects.
General Expectations for All Milwaukee Children's Choir Staff:
All Milwaukee Children's Choir staff members are expected to foster team building throughout the organization, ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communications among internal constituencies. All of Milwaukee Children's Choir's administrative staff are "cross-trained", and help each other at various times of the year when there is work overflow.
All Milwaukee Children's Choir staff members are expected to develop and maintain ongoing and effective relationships in the community and beyond, e.g. serving as a spokesperson and advocate for Milwaukee Children's Choir; ensuring effective relationships and open, ongoing and effective communication among Milwaukee Children's Choir, performing/educational arts peers, the greater Milwaukee community, and the media; and helping to increase awareness of Milwaukee Children's Choir and enhancing its image within the greater Milwaukee community. All Milwaukee Children's Choir staff members interact with youth and are expected to be good role models and mentors.
All Milwaukee Children's Choir staff members go through thorough background checks, including fingerprinting, prior to employment.
Milwaukee Children's Choir is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, marital status, race/ ethnicity, color, age, sexual orientation, national origin, creed, religion, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or other protected status.