Find your voice with
Milwaukee Children’s Choir!
We would love to teach your child to sing!
Every child has a voice and every child can learn to use their voice to enjoy a lifetime of singing.
All new singers will need to fill out the interest form on the left.
Children who are entering grades 3-12 and are new to MCC will need to audition.
If your child is entering grades K3-2nd, no audition is necessary. Please fill out the interest form and someone will be in contact with you shortly on how to register.
Placement Audition Process
PLEASE SEE COVID-19 UPDATE BELOW FOR 2020-2021 AUDITIONS
Auditions vary slightly based on grade level and most do not require advanced preparation.
(If you have a song that you have prepared and would like to sing it, you may.)
1. Sing simple vocal warm-ups
2. Sing Happy Birthday with no accompaniment
3. Listening skills (singing back pitches played)
4. For older singers- Music fundamental theory questions
Purpose of Placement Auditions
– Allows choir directors to understand where each chorister is in regards to musical knowledge and performance
– Provides an opportunity for professional individual feedback
– Auditions are NOT intended to create an exclusive perception or club culture
– Prepares chorister for additional singing opportunities through MCC and school choirs that will require an audition
COVID 19- Update
Auditions for MCC Season 20-21 will still be held but in a different format then listed above for 2020-2021 Season. After filling out the Interest Form, and if you are in grades 3rd-12th, please submit the following to email@example.com.